Friday, November 11, 2011

0 For October & Turkish Delights

Hello everyone. My name is Luther. you ma not remember me because I've been gone so long.

If you are reading this you are no doubt a die hard follower (Derek, Haley?) that I have managed to not annoy too much with my lack of posting, so you know its been awhile. Like all of October. So, what happened this October?

1.) Cardinals win the World Series in epic fashion.


What can I type that hasn't already been written? I'll just say that I was in tears during/after Game 6. If anyone wants to get me the dvd when it comes out. I would accept it...

The only negative about the World Series was that I wasn't able watch all of game 7 because I was on my way to...

2) Turkey!!!



Way back in the summer travelzoo had a massive sale on flights to Turkey, so the gf and I decided to go. I guess Turkish Airlines is making a major push to become a global leader, so they went out and sponsored Manchester United and FC Barcelona.


Kobe Bryant is now their spokesman, but he wasn't on the flight with us :(

So we finally landed in Istanbul on Saturday night. Our hotel was in a touristy part of the city near the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia. The first night was so crazy. We took the Metro from the airport to the Sultanahmet stop where our hotel was and there were so many people out and we couldn't find our hotel partly because of the jetlag and partly because of the language barrier.

We turned a corner and Hagia Sofia was right there. It was amazing to see it after studying it since my first year of architecture school.

After getting directions from a really nice guy who was selling maps (I know very fitting) we found our place. After we put our bags down we decided to go out and see some of the city, and of course take jumping pictures.



There are way too many pictures and stories of me being loved and feared in Turkey, so I will break this post into at least a few parts.

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment