Thursday, December 15, 2011

My Batch of Fail is Ready


Quick! What do Martha Stewart and I have in common?

That's right, absolutely nothing.

Which is why I must have been crazy to agree to join in the christmas um holiday winter cookie potluck at work. In classic Luther fashion, I decided to wait until the last minute.

I decided to bake peanut butter kiss cookies becauase I love them (donations currently being accepted) and the recipe sounded really easy. The one I found consisted of just peanut butter, vanilla extract, sure, and egg and the hershey kisses. The website claimed they would come out looking like this:

This whole baking thing is easier than Ithought. I don't know what everyone complains about. BOOM! roll up some peanut butter. BOOM! put it in the oven. BOOM! Eat up! I think I could replace Martha Stewart with this whole thing.


Maybe they should have given me her show during her... um... extended vacation.

Then the first batch came out.

I guess i flattened out the peanut butter balls too much and then placed them too close together which resulted in one giant cookie instead of 12 different ones. My bad.


While extremely cool. It wasn't exactly what I was going for. I may have to remember this for the future though. A man with a cookie this large could do many things. Mwahaha.


Anyway, on to the second batch.

I've learned from my mistakes this time nothing can go wrong. I made the balls smaller and spaced them out a bit more. I even put some flour on the foil so they wouldn't stick (Baller). I pulled these out of the oven and the result was even worse!


Ugh! I burned them! At least the first batch was edible. These tasted bad and made my apartment stink. At this point I decided to give up. I was tired and defeated plus Living Single was coming on BET or whatever station that was, so I had to be free for that.

Moral of the story? Don't f*** with the Martha.

2 comments:

  1. Is this what I have to look forward to at the potluck today? You are ahead of me though, I didn't make anything! Prison Martha wouldn't approve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who wouldn't look forward to a giant cookie???

    ReplyDelete