Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Harrowing Q'doba Experience


For those of you that don't know I have an irrational fear of crowded/loud lunch places. I know, sounds lame, but I can't help it. So I'm pretty much to blame since I suggested Q'doba for lunch.

When we get there, I ordered the chicken quesadilla. Like I always do because I either can't read the board or am too busy talking/joking to pick up a menu. When I get to the front of the line a freeze and all I can say is "aaaaahhhh quesadilla".

For those who haven't been, Q'doba is kind of like Subway where you tell them what you want and you move down the assembly line, so they can add what you want to your order. This is what usually happens, unless you order something special, like a quesadilla.

I ordered and was instantly asked what I wanted. I knew what they were gonna ask(whether or not I wanted guacamole, salsa or sour cream), but because of the overall noise and the high-pitched, quick talking woman behind and the counter the question came out as "you want rataatat tomatatata!?!?". All I could answer was "Huh?" At this point the woman was clearly annoyed because my slowness had dissrupted the delicate balance that is the Q'doba assembly line. She asked again. This time I just said that I didn't want any sour cream. I don't like sour cream, and guacamole has no taste for me. It might as well be made from paper. I would have said no guacamole as well, but I would have looked like a freak if I just sat back down at the table with just a quesadilla and some tomatoes on my plate. It's all about looking cool. That's how I roll.

After this crucial decision is made, all you do is wait to get your food and pay. There are 2 registers. This is maybe the 3rd or 4th time I've eaten at this Q'doba, and each time I do this guy, who I guess is the manager tells me to move from the first register line which is moving along nicely to the second which always has some type of issue that holds it up. I think its where the new guy works. The like sending the difficult customers here.

After I pay, I stand waiting for my food. This place has been designed to get people in and out, not to stand around waiting for food, so my options for standing are by the exit door, next to the soda fountain, in front of the bathroom or I can be a creeper and stand next to someone's table. I chose creeper. To be fair, I tried the first 3 options first and after being bumped and given dirty looks for blocking someone's route, it was the only option. Passive aggressive stares don't hurt me.

So the woman with the food comes out and she's got two quesadillas. One with no sour cream and the other with no salsa. I go for the first one and before I know it some guy goes Kanye West on me and cuts me off to get it. There's one left now and the woman is looking at me like an idiot because she thinks i messed up the order and once again threw off the machine that is Q'doba. After I tell her what I want she goes to the back and returns with the plate. Good. Let's eat. When I sit down, it was just a quesadilla. No salsa, no guacamole, nothing. *sigh*

Moral of the story? Still thinking about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment