Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Bike Update!!

It's been awhile since I've updated. Work has been busy lately and I've just been to lazy when I get home. Meh. Anyway, I have been keeping up with the fixed gear project. For the most part the project is going really well. The wheels just came in today and I'm hoping to order the crankset/pedals/chain this week.

The only frustrating thing is that I bought a Schwinn frame. Schwinn is notorious for using odd sized parts. So its been really hard to find a decent stem (part that holds the handlebar to the frame) at a reasonable price.



In the picture above, my hand does a decent job, but I just don't think that setup will hold up on the road. Especially if I'm changing songs on my ipod and holding my cellphone with my hands... Anyhoo, I'll keep you updated.

After seeing the bike nearly assembled, I now understand the appeal of riding brake-less. The simple, clean form is really appealing. I've given some serious thought to going brake-less. And If I do I can be justified in buying this newer/cooler helmet ------->

OK, I probably will get some brakes, but I'm still getting this helmet. :)

1 comment: