Thursday, September 2, 2010

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

The Cardinals were in town this past weekend to play the Nationals, so like any displaced fan I went out to see them. It was a Thursday-Sunday series and I was able to get out for Friday and Saturday's games. Despite the cards winning in front on me Friday night, the series was a disaster. One game they blew a 9th inning lead another they lost by 9 and ended up losing 3 of games over the weekend.

Even though the weekend was a total fail on the field, I managed to have a few bright spots. First of all I caught a ball. I was kind of a brat before the game, so I made sure we got to the game at least an hour early to catch batting practice. We got there at the tail end of the Card's bp. We walked to the right field seats and no sooner than we get there, a ball is flying right at me. I caught it bare-handed. It was definitely one of my coolest moments ever. The section cheered me and some random dude came up and high fived me. Oh yeah.




The second thing I'd like to call out was the great atmosphere. It's not Yankee Stadium but, for a last place team the Nats sure know how to get fans out. Both nights awesome crowds especially for a team in dead last(see Major League 1 and 2). Although I'd to think it was because the cards were playing, it was really because of bobblehead night saturday and fireworks friday Whatever works I guess. Btw, we had awesome seats for cheap both nights. We actually used a 40% coupon that expired last summer. Go figure.



Its not the last thing I liked, but this post is getting long a you're busy people :). Anyway, the guy with the arrow on him was as extremely loud as he was southern. And it wasn't the fact that he had a southern accent that made him funny, but it was the fact his voice was the perfect combination of high pitch, twang and loudness mixed together. The beer man that he ordered from got all of these correct as he mocked while giving him his change. The whole encounter was funny and uncomfortable at the same time and last about 20 seconds too long. I guess you had to be there

No comments:

Post a Comment