Monday, December 20, 2010

Fantasy Football Update: Anthony Fassano is a Stiff


I know it's the most boring thing in the world to listen to someone spout about their fantasy football team, but here is goes. I'm in the semifinals of my league this weekend. For those of you not familiar with fantasy football, what basically happens is you chose a certain amount of players from random teams and then add up the stats for those players. I then compete with other people in my league that do the same. Got it.

This week I had a few dilemmas with my starting lineup. The biggest was who to start at the tight end position. My starter, Aaron Hernandez, had been sick with the flu this week. So sick that he hadn't practiced at the end of the week and his status before the game was listed as "questionable".


Not wanting to lose because I had a guy in my lineup that would not play, I scrambled Sunday morning to find a new tight end. Pickings were slim this late in the week, so I decided to go with Anthony Fassano of the Dolphins. I've heard his name before and I swear he catches a touchdown every time I watch him play. Lineup; set. Potential problem; avoided. way to go Mr Lemon.

Everything was great until the games actually started. Anthony Fassano turned out to be a stiff. This ninja caught 3 balls for a grand total of 30 yards. Whoopty Doo. I should have known this would end badly. In searching for pictures of Fassano, I came across more of him playing golf or hanging out with his girlfriend or him just chillin' or looking like a total stiff (see below) than him actually playing with the Dolphins. Sigh*

On the flip side, Aaron Hernandez went all Michael Jordan and scored 2 touchdowns in the Sunday night game. The photo of him below is an actual photo of him during the game. I'm an experienced lip reader and I'm sure he mouthed that I should have started him.


Had I started Hernandez, I would be in the finals with one player (Adrian Peterson) still to play Monday. Now, I have to hope for a Monday Night miracle from Peterson to advance to the finals. We shall see....

2 comments:

  1. Or maybe you should have learned to always go with the Patriots! (my team :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yeah but the next week I started Hernandez and he was a late scratch. Karma I guess.

    ReplyDelete