Monday, December 20, 2010

My Face Hurts...

I got tripped playing soccer on Sunday afternoon. A teammate passed the ball in front of me, so it was just me and the goalie. He came charging out at me, so I kicked the ball past him. He slid and I tried to jump over him but he clipped my feet and sent me tumbling to the ground. I face planted right into the turf. It was no frozen tundra but it hurt. The goalie got a yellow card. The diagram below illustrates what happened. Note that I'm wearing the cape only to show who the hero is. I usually do not wear one in public.
My face was rug burned and cut up yesterday and now today it has really swelled up on the left side. I pretty much anticipated having to explain what happened to coworkers today. I hate having to explain it every 10 minutes. Its the same story all day.

What I think is even worse though is the people that don't ask a thing. They talk to me and they just stare with that "D**n! WTF happened to your face!?!?" look, but ask nothing. I wonder what their theories are.

The worst part about it is that now I can't shave. The "rug burn" and soreness are all over the left side of my face and in the facial hair. I'm gonna be Grizzly Adams by the end of the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment