Monday, August 9, 2010

I can ride my bike with no handle bars...


I would just like the records to state that I am not a hipster.

But... I think I'm going to try to build a fixed gear bike from scratch. It's really intimidating because I know a good amount about riding bikes, but not too much about what actually goes into them. And when people ask me why I want to do it, I answer that I want to know more about how bikes work (which isn't a lie. I really do), but the real, true answer is that they look ridiculously cool and I want to stick it to the hipsters that zoom past me on them. Who knows though, once it's built it may just end up on craigslist

So if you see me zip by wearing a wool hat in the summer and tight jeans while listening to a band that you've never heard of because they're just too cool for you, please don't judge me too harshly.

No comments:

Post a Comment