Monday, August 16, 2010

Worst Commercial Ever

Ok, well maybe its not the worst ever but I'm assuming Chrysler has a large enough budget to make a commercial that makes sense. I mean seriously, this commercial has more plot holes than Saved By the Bell.



Anyway, to the commercial. It starts of well enough. Kid #1 (Parker) is challenged to a race home by 3 other kids. He runs through the woods, down the dirt path up the sidewalk and slides safely in his mom's van. Parker wins. Hooray!

OK, so now on to the problems. First of all, why was the mom just sitting there with the back door open? See also seemed surprised when he hopped in the car. ("High Sweetie, there you are"). Didn't she know he was coming? I mean the door was open. They then drive off, but weren't they at home already?? If they weren't why did he have to run home for them to go someplace different? She could have just picked him up at school. And did I mention she was just sitting in the driver's seat with the back door open?? And while we're on the mom, are we supposed to believe these two people are actually related? Just sayin...

After doing a little research it seems that more than a few people agree that it was probably changed and some remember the original version. In the original the kid was being chased by bullies which makes more sense. Why would you hide behind a tree if you were racing? Doesn't really make you faster.

So knowing that kid was running from the bullies, and he beats them makes me feel good, but the mom part still bugs me.



One redeeming quality is that at .07 seconds you can see the kids underwear and it's red. I remember when I was a kid i had a pair of red underwear as well (thanks a lot mom, I'm guessing you really didn't think that one out) Anyway, I remember I wore them once to a baseball game where we had white pants as part of the uniform. Let's just say that everyone knew what I had on underneath and kids are mean. Which is probably why this kid is being bullied in the first place.


Ok, sorry i know it probably took you longer to read this post than watch the commercial, but it was bugging me

1 comment:

  1. have never seen this commercial until now. And after viewing it, I was thinking the same thing...where the eff are they going?! And why are the other boys just chillin' on the lawn? it sure looks like they beat him there.

    ReplyDelete