Thursday, October 7, 2010

Not Talkin bout my Generation anymore


Sorry for the double TV show cancellation posts, but here we go. This fall ABC premiered a show called "My Generation" which was about 9 kids that graduated high school 10 years ago (Class of 2000 woohoo!!) and what their lives have been like since then. They covered a lot of the high school stereotypes. So there was the nerd, jock, beauty queen (who wasn't that hot ironically enough), etc. It was shot in a fake documentary format like The Office or Modern Family. After the first 2 episodes got poor ratings the show was canceled effective immediately.

I'm dissapointed that it was canceled for 2 reasons. First of all, its always nice to see something different on tv. This wasn't just a medical or cop drama that seems to be mass produced now. I think Law & Order: Cleveland is coming out next summer.

Second of all, I kind of related to the characters on the show. Growing up, I always thought it was cool being in "the class of 2000". Now they're making a show about it. What could be better? I also feel like the characters were based on me. I was totally the nerdy,over achieving jock that got pregnant on prom night right after being named prom king. I mean seriously, they should have just called the show "Luther" and it would probably still be on. Maybe it could be like and Eddie Murray deal where I play all the characters too. Hmm... this has potential.


In all seriousness, I'm really dissappointed this show got canceled. Maybe Thursday night wasn't the best time for it, but it had a lot of potential and room to grow. Anyway, I think I've got the new cop show dvr'd that I have to get to.

No comments:

Post a Comment