Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Welcome Back NBA


The NBA returned tonight. For some reason I though the Bulls were on opening night, so you can imagine how excited I was when on my way home I saw the Celtics and Heat playing on a tv in the sports bar a few doors down from my place. I ran home and turned on the tv. Nothing. Poker and football were on ESPN and ESPN2., so the game must be on NBA TV.

I wasn't too dissapointed. I could watch the game on the computer and the it wasn't all that close anyway. I had it on and was doing other things.

BUT, as soon as the game got close, the connection started coming in and out and I had to refresh every 20 seconds or so. C'mon, the game is getting exciting and I can't watch it! I went over all these random scenarios in my head.

This sucks... this really sucks. When I'm an adult and married, I'm gonna order NBAtv and the whole sports package. That'll show em'.


Ok, so a few serious flaws with this. First of all, I am an adult. My bad. Second, I'm not sure who "I'm showin" but they're gonna get it. Also, I don't know why I'd need a wife to get NBAtv. It's not like I need a permission slip. And anyway I don't know of many girls who are thinking "When I get married, I'm getting my man some NBAtv." Unless you marry Sheryl Swoopes, and last time I checked she wasn't into dudes. No big loss for me though. I'd never marry someone that would own me at basketball. Nothing personal.


Anyway, with about 30 seconds left I noticed they were using the graphics for TNT (a station I do get). Then I heard the TNT theme music. Now I'm really pissed. Not only do I have to pay for this channel, but they're just stealing TNT's presentation. What are they doing over there?? Why do I have pay for a channel that steals from another???

Then they dropped the bombshell. "Welcome back to TNT's coverage blah blah blah..." Turns out I hadn't actually confirmed that the game wasn't on my cable package. I known a drawn out story, but this was tramatic.

Moral of the story: Check the channel guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment