Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sad End to a Long Journey

For you regulars out there, Haley, you may remember my ordeal with the soccer jacket. Basically I ordered a jacket I saw in a French soccer commercial from a random store in Chicago. Somehow during the blizzard they had earlier in the winter, the order details got mixed up and it was never shipped. By the time they found out the problem the jacket was already sold out.

For the full rundown read Polish Phone Tag and Chicago Needs to Man Up. Both quality reads I would say.

I kept up with them throughout the months. I kept getting the story that the jacket would be shipped in a few weeks and that I should call to check on it.


Today, after waiting 4+ months, I finally decided to give up on the store and cancel the order. I'm patient, but not so patient that I'm going to order a winter jacket in June.


What could have been... Sigh...

The weirdest thing about the phone call was that the guy acknowledged that it was weird that it had never shipped and that it had been a long time, but he then sounded surprised when I wanted my money back. He claimed he was going to call Nike, and he made it seem like there was still a chance I could get it. None of that for me.

The refund should show up on my statement in 2-3 business days. We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. sir lemon, you should have demanded a free jacket!! think of all the interest they made on your money as it just sat there! ;)

    ReplyDelete