Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Jacket Update: Polish Phone Tag

It's now been 2 weeks since I ordered the jacket and it has still not shipped. The UPS website says the same message that a delivery has been scheduled, but no package has been picked up.

Monday, I decided to go on the offensive. Using the address off their website and Google's street view, I found out who their next door neighbor was. Turns out LA Tan were the lucky business.
I could explain the next sequence of events, but I'll just summarize. It'll save a bit of exaggeration. The girl at LA Tan(who was way too nice) that picked up the phone offered to go next door to talk to the manager and help sort out the mess. She got a number for me to call, which in classic fashion, didn't work (disconnected because of the blizzard. Man up Chicago and fix your phones). The picture below illustrates me on the phone with LA Tan. I'm the black guy.
At this point I was pissed it had taken me the better part of an hour to get the number it didn't work. On top of it, LA Tan now wasn't picking up the phone. I grabbed 2 pencils, broke them, threw them in the corner of my cubicle and yelled "THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!". Just as I did that, a higher up guy walked by my desk. I acted like Autocad crashed. I thought it would be ridiculous to say I was on the phone with a tanning salon in Chicago trying to track down some Polish people about a winter jacket on a day that it was 65 degrees.
I had to have my girlfriend call back, I was way to upset to talk to these people. In a very anticlimactic end to the story. It turns out that the jacket is sold out and is back ordered until March. Just in time for it to be out of season....

Let's just hope it fits when it gets here.

1 comment: