Tuesday, February 22, 2011

52 Project: Valentines Day Edition

Ok, so I think I forgot to post last week, so here's my entry for last week's 52 installment. Not really a self portrait, but I'm making the rules, so this counts. In case you don't recognize it, this is the Navy Memorial here in DC and where I first met my girlfriend nearly 2 years ago. We met eating lunch with a mutual friend.

After struggling with ideas for a V-day present I finally came up with this. I've been fooling around with collages for a few weeks now and it fit perfectly with the whole 52 project.

I photographed at 3 different times; evening, dusk and midday. The actual, physical version has more day shots on it, but I can't seem to find those images on my computer right now. It was a bit weird taking so many photos. I was worried that people were going to think I was a Russian spy African Spy (do they have those here??) Anyway, I got some weird looks.

For the presentation, I framed it in one of those "float" frames. It ended up being about 10x24. In case you're wondering, it went over very well :)


No comments:

Post a Comment