Friday, February 4, 2011

New Obsession: The 52 Project

It's been a few months since the fixed gear project has ended and I'm getting antsy. I need another goal to work towards like getting an architecture license a fun project. After scouring the internet for hours at work yesterday I settled on a 52 project. One self portrait a week for a year.
A few years ago I tried a 365 project(1 photo a day) and failed miserably. I got about 4 photos in and the all sucked. After a week I got tired of getting the camera out everyday and resorted to taking pictures of my feet with a camera phone. Ugh. I think one a week will still push me to grow, but without the pressure of having to setup a shot every single day.
So onto the first photo. I'm calling this one Superstar. I took it after my rec league soccer game last night. I love playing in these local leagues, but the one part that i don't like is the fact that you really can't tell anyone about the game. Sure you've played you heart out in the game, but it sounds kinda lame to come into work the next day and say "hey we beat the red team last night. It was epic". So last night was my chance to be the superstar.

After taking a second look this morning, I'm noticing a few things. I guess I could have actually removed the camera lenses and maybe cleaned my apartment a little. Meh, I've got 52.... er, 51 weeks to get it right.



1 comment: