Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hipster Ride Complete


So my brakes levers finally came in from Japan in an envelope that I can only describe as being so Japanese. I'm not saying it had Hello Kitty on it, but if I had to think of a package from Japan would look like. I would probably guess this.

Anyway, the brakes came in and after 2 days of being frustrated they were finally installed. Yay. For the maiden voyage, I decided to go all out. Down the hill on Wisconsin Ave. I'm happy to say they worked perfectly.

The next day I rode work the next morning. Seeing as everything was working properly and I wasn't in danger of dying, my next focus was on how other people received the bike. First off, I passed a homeless guy on the Key Bridge. He holds a sign, you may have seen him before. He told me I had a nice track bike. He was telling me how he once rode a fixed gear on the Duke Ellington Bride. He didn't ask for any money or anything, he just liked the bike. Point Luther.

Now that I type this, I just made the connection that it sounds like he hangs out on bridges all day. Anyway, he told me that I should lock it up so no one steals it and then the light changed and I rode off. Don't worry, I won't be leaving it on any bridges anytime soon.

As I kept on my way, I didn't get anymore comments but I did get several knowing nods and a few smiles. That's enough for me. I think I did a good job and other people that seem to know what they are talking and/or hang out on a bridge like the build. The brown seat seems to be a favorite Pictures are below. Let me know what you think:






No comments:

Post a Comment