Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween!

The photo above is from work on Friday before Halloween. Seeing as I'm such a great worker and everyone loves me, management figured it would be a good idea if everyone acted like me for a day. Seriously though, 2 years ago I made a mask of the guy on the far left and wore it on Halloween.I guess an elephant, err- coworker never forgets.

I hope everyone had a good Halloween! Mine was really busy. Between the Jon Stewart rally, getting around the crowded city, and finishing my costume, I barely had anytime to relax. For my costume this year, I decided to go all out. I've had good ones in the past. Who can forget Tyrone Biggums (Chappelle Show) and Marty McFly (Back to the Future)??





Anyway, like I said, I wanted to go all out this year. The type of costume that when you walk in the the room people stop and say "no way he did that". There was always one option: Optimus Prime. With the transformers in town a few weeks back it was an easy choice. I won't bore you with the details of how I made him, unless someone actually wants them. Here are some photos:






So, looking back, I really wish I had worn some white pants instead of jeans and maybe added a decal or two. But I was really amazed at how it came out. I'd like to thank my parents for sending me to architecture school for 6 years where I learned how to cut cardboard and use a t-square. Without that knowledge, Optimus may have never been born.

Sadly there are no photos of me out. I just couldn't bring myself to potentially ruin Optimus on the streets of Adams Morgan. Just too much time was spent. Also, the costume was ridiculously hot. I was in an apartment with 3 other people and I couldn't stop sweating. I know, attractive. No way I'd make it in a crowded bar. I ended up wearing a Mr T mask out to the party *photos not available*

I'm looking to clear some space in my apartment for a permanent display area. He's a part of the family now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment