Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Let's Ram It!!




My beloved Rams are 4-4, in first place in their division and for the first time in about 5 years they're relevant. Since they were off this weekend, I went on to youtube to find some clips of the "good ole days" (early 2000's). What I found was shocking...


Apparently in the 80's it was cool to make team videos. Superbowl Shuffle anyone? At least that one is fondly remembered. "Let's Ram It!" has rightly been pushed to the fringe of everyone's memory until now.

This video is wrong on so many levels. First of all why is it so suggestive? I mean really? "Ram it"? "If you do it right, you can Ram it all night"? Wtf are they trying to say? Sigh... I hope all of these players are embarrassed. That's not even the worst of it. My parents read this, so I'll let you listen for yourself. talk of putting people on their back? C'mon! Is this what LA was like in the 80's??

The entire thing is way too homo-erotic. Some of the players talk about how they like "the ladies". Yeah right. I'd love to see the ladies that you pick up with moves like this:


Being the 2 superstars Eric Dickerson and Jackie Slater have extended verses at the beginning and end of the song. Jackie even has an epic sax solo:


Having played the the sax for many years, it's really easy to tell if someone is faking (not being a moron helps with this ability as well). Jackie is faking. At the very least he could have moved his fingers when the notes changed. Also he's not using a neckstrap. It's nearly impossible to play the sax with out one. I know I sound like a nerd, but it's true. At least he's wearing sunglasses. All sax players need those. Especially at night.

In case you wanted to know more about the Rammers and "Let's Ram It", the making of the video has also been uploaded:


Don't be worried this one has some awesome parts as well. I think my favorite part is where the choreographer tells the players that their movements are supposed to be "really masculine". This line is immediately followed by this scene.


I guess that's what passed for "masculine" in the 80's. How was this "cool"!?! This looks like the Ram Broadway musical edition. Another awkward part of the video is Eric Dickerson's interview. He says how it's important for him to be a role model for children because he looked up to football players when he was younger. All of this is nice, but he names OJ Simpson as one of the players he's like to emulate. It made me think how OJ has fallen.

No comments:

Post a Comment